One of the ways The Arc of Anchorage is different from other service providers is membership. We invite everyone in our community, including the people we serve and their families, to become a member. Members help us hold true to our mission, while dreaming big dreams and never settling for second-best.
Without people like you, The Arc would not exist today. A small group of parents who wanted their children to grow up at home, rather than in an institution, banded together in 1957. Together, they changed the way our state views people who experience disabilities and put us on the path toward community-based services.
We’ve come a long way in the past five decades, but there is more to do. Members still have an important role to play at The Arc.
- Elect the board of directors
- Serve on the board of directors
- Approve changes to the bylaws
- Advise the board of directors about the future direction of The Arc
- Participate in advocacy efforts to pass or change laws, regulations and policies that affect the people we serve
- Act as ambassadors in the community to spread The Arc’s “people first” philosophy
- Are the focus of the annual membership meeting the third Monday of May
If you share The Arc’s goal of building a community that welcomes and embraces people of all abilities, we need you. If it’s important to you that people who experience disabilities get the help they need to lead rich, full, productive lives, we need you.
We hope you’ll accept our invitation to become a member of The Arc of Anchorage. For just $15 for an individual or $25 for a family, you can be part of creating a better future not only for your family member, but for all the people served by The Arc.
To print the membership form, click here.